Friday, February 26, 2010

Background Story Part 1:

During this time of our lives, many challenges lay before us. I, for one, have been unemployed since March 15th, and I have been slowly draining my savings/401K to pay the mortgage, monthly bills, living expenses and a failing real estate investment. On the plus side, in early September, I was in negotiations with a company to start work, as a sales representative for a GPS/Dbase trucking manufacturing company. The start date, a week before the 30th! Now before we get ahead of ourselves, the date I had given to the prospect company was in the beginning of September. I never expected a call, much less the ability to pitch the product, live!

On the other hand, John was in his own financial mess, he too had made some less than desirable real estate investments that were crashing down. In addition, a year ago he moved from a beautiful corner townhouse to a single family home and a year later, he still owned the townhouse along with the mortgage! Finally, to all of his financial turmoil, John's and his wife, Dayna were pregnant with twins and a scheduled C section on, you guessed it, September 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment